View our current list of tested and approved phones for the AT&T network.
Unlock your device
Not sure? Call your carrier to confirm your phone is unlocked.
Choose a plan and get a free SIM or eSIM
Plus, get $250 in bill credits when you transfer your number.
Be sure to back up everything
Keep your personal data and the content on your device safe.
BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE
Quickly activate your phone with an eSIM
Choose an eSIM when you bring your device to AT&T and start using it within minutes. With an eSIM you can:
- Securely connect to our network
- Prevent SIM card loss or theft
- Set up a work and personal profile on a single phone
- Reduce plastic waste, no more inconvenient card swapping
Frequently asked questions
- How do I bring my own phone or device to AT&T?BYOD means you bring your own unlocked, compatible device to AT&T. Even if you didn't buy your device from AT&T, you can activate your phone on a new AT&T plan.
- What is the biggest benefit of BYOD?No contract! Transfer an eligible, unlocked phone you own and love to a new AT&T plan. Or, you can switch a newly-purchased phone from your current provider to AT&T.
- What is a SIM or eSIM card?SIM cards are small plastic cards that are inserted into your phone. They have a unique ID number and store your personal data. An electronic SIM is called an eSIM, and it can be activated over the internet. All wireless phones have SIM cards, but only Dual SIM devices have eSIMs.
Change your plan and bring your own phone
Getting a new wireless plan doesn’t always have to mean buying a new device. If you like your current Android or iOS phone, tablet, or smart device, you can keep it with the bring your own device (BYOD) program at AT&T.
The benefits of BYOD with AT&T Wireless
The AT&T bring your own device program comes with some amazing benefits. Depending on your plan, you could get unlimited data, talk, and text, as well as service in Mexico and Canada, built-in wireless security from AT&T ActiveArmorSM, and access to the nation’s most reliable 5G network.1With BYOD, you’ll also have no annual contract, and you’ll even be able to keep your current number if it’s eligible for transfer.
AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy.
BYOD options from AT&T PREPAID
BYOD isn’t just for traditional post-paid wireless customers. If you’re looking for flexibility and prefer to pay upfront, you can also bring your phone (BYOP) to AT&T PREPAIDSM. All you have to do is make sure your unlocked phone is compatible, get your SIM card, pick a PREPAID plan, and activate service.
Switch and save with a BYOD deal
When you switch to AT&T and bring your own device, we’ll waive the $30 activation fee and give you a free SIM card. Right now, if you switch online, you may even be eligible for $250 in bill credits and a free wireless charging pad.*
*Online only. Ltd time. Req’s port-in of new line from elig. carrier & elig. svc. Other terms apply.
1. Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.